I have been going shopping at Freeport Braintree for years and have historically thought it was ok but nothing special and certainly nothing to rival Bicester, York or Chester outlets but the last few times I have popped in have been so successful I now feel compelled to write a blog about the place…..
Reasons to shop at Freeport Braintree
1.You will save at least 35-30% off everything that you buy. Why buy anything full price if you can get it all discounted at places like Braintree, York, Bicester and Chester? Unless you want the absolute latest seasonal items there is no need to pay full price for clothing as within a season the clothing has been moved out of high street shops along to outlets and on line discounted retailers ie BrandAlley, Brandboudoir and The Outnet. The savings alone are reason to visit but there are many other reasons to drop in.
2.The range of shops for the 35+ woman is fantastic: Phase 8, Karen Millen, Jaegar, French Connection, Hobbs and Kurt Geiger….what more do you need really?
3. The basics are also there ie M&S, Gap and Next.
4. It’s fantastic for Xmas shopping. I always go there in December and get at least half of my shopping done and dusted. Whether it’s stuff for older relatives (M&S), kids (Gap and Hollister), husband/partner (Adidas, Asics and Nike), stocking fillers (Cadburys shop) or friends (The Gift Shop) there is always something that will fit the bill. It’s always quiet on a weekday, even in December, so no need to fight through the crowds or spend ages queuing up. You can be done and out in less than 2 hours.
5. There is a Costa and a Starbucks there. Costa is my current favourite high street coffee shop as it does orange curacao syrup which is amazing in a Soya Latte ( you must try it).
6. Easy to get to from anywhere in Essex and with free parking and just off the A120 it can’t be more than 40 minutes from anywhere in the county.
7. There’s a leisure centre, cinema complex, loads of restaurants next to it as well as a brand new massive Next that has just opened. Again all with masses of free parking. There is even a great kids soft play next door which I pop into in the holidays en route to Freeport which allows both my daughters and myself to be catered to.
8. You can get your kids reduced price school shoes at the Clarks shop. A real saving if, as mine do, they go through at least 2 pairs of school shoes a year.
9. There is a fantastic range of jewellery and scarves available in Phase 8, Hobbs, Jaegar and Betty Barclay. People often ask me where to go for a good range of accessories as often after having a colour analysis done the first step is to update scarves and jewellery in the right colours to complement your existing wardrobe. I would highly recommend Freeport Braintree for this reason. As not only is there are great range of items to be found but they are all discounted.
10. More niche players have also started opening up. In particular, the brand Yumi which sells great clothing for women and kids as well as homeware and giftware. Joy is due to open soon and a beauty outlet is also coming imminently.
Don’t believe me? Take a trip down there…I promise you – it won’t disappoint!
For any questions about this blog or to contact me to find out how I could help you dress well call 07500 443974. If you like this blog please share with your friends and/or comment and to get regular updates on what to buy and how to wear it please like my facebook business page and subscribe to my monthly newsletter on my homepage.