Women often to think to dress well and look effortless they need to spend a fortune but that is definitely not the case. If you follow these basic steps you too can look amazing without breaking the bank and have your own stylish capsule wardrobe.
- Firstly, have a good understanding of what colours, shapes, patterns and style clothing best suits you and why. Get a friend/relative to help you or take some expert advice. This will save you a fortune in the long run as you will only buy what suits you, everything will get worn and everything will go with everything else in your wardrobe.
- Secondly, sign up for newsletters from your favourite shops. This will keep you updated on all sales, discounts and offers coming along. Follow a couple of fashion bloggers who resonate with you and read fashion magazines for advice/style inspiration.
- Thirdly, go around preloved shops and charity shops to look for items. There are ALWAYS hidden gems to be found in these places especially once you have a clear idea on what you should be looking for.
- Do a swish or clothes swap with friends on a regular basis or go along to a locally organised one.
- Shop only at outlets. The one in Braintree is excellent now as are the ones in Bicester, York, Chester and Ashford.
- Only buy online or in shops when there are discounts on. If you sign up for the newsletters you will always be aware of who is discounting and when. Certain brands are continually in discount mode ie Boden/Phase Eight.. great for us the consumer!
- Create a pinterest board of a virtual shopping list of items you would like to try on/buy. This will keep you focused when you are shopping and be less likely to impulse buy.
- Put items in your online shopping basket and ensure you are logged into your account and come out of the site. Often this will prompt the retailers to email you and remind you to complete your purchase and sometimes they will offer you a further discount as an incentive… worth a try.
- Finally, start building a capsule wardrobe of @30-40 classic items which you can wear year after year. Add a few key pieces each season to keep looking modern. This will massively reduce your spend on clothes but will ensure you look elegant and stylish and current…. Don’t we all want that?
For any questions about this blog or to contact me to find out how I could help you dress well call 07500 443974. If you like this blog please share with your friends and/or comment and to get regular updates on what to buy and how to wear it please like my facebook business page and subscribe to my monthly newsletter on my homepage.